Sound Legal Advice And Litigation

Frequently Asked Questions: Condominium Law

What must be done to enforce the priority lien?
There are certain steps that a condominium association should take, including notifying the unit owner and holder of a first mortgage of a delinquency in the payment of common area expenses. The association should also send the first mortgagee a notice of its intent to institute a lawsuit should the matter not be resolved. Sometimes a lawsuit is necessary to preserve and enforce the lien. There are strict time frames involved and a lawyer should be retained to best protect the association’s interests.

« Back to Condominium Law FAQs