Michael T. McGahan
- Civil Litigation
- Corporate & Business Law
- Probate, Trusts and Estates
- Personal Injury Law
A Partner with the firm, Attorney McGahan concentrates his practice in the areas of civil litigation, personal injury law, probate, trusts and estates, corporate and business law.
Attorney McGahan is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross (A.B., 1971), Suffolk University Law School (J.D., 1975) and Boston University Law School (L.L.M., Taxation, 1984). He is licensed to practice in the state courts in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the District of Massachusetts and the District of Rhode Island. Attorney McGahan has been litigating cases for over thirty years in Massachusetts and Rhode Island and has successfully represented both plaintiffs and defendants in jury and non-jury trials and in arbitration and mediation hearings in a wide variety of cases including negligence, personal injury, wrongful death, nursing home liability, age and sex discrimination claims and employment law.
Attorney McGahan is a former Assistant District Attorney for Bristol County (1975-1978) and is a member of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys and the Attleboro, Bristol County, Rhode Island and Massachusetts Bar Associations.
Attorney McGahan is a peer reviewed rated "AV-Preeminent" by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest bestowed rating an attorney can receive in both ethical standards and legal ability.
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1975
- College of the Holy Cross, Worcerster, Massachusetts
- A.B. - 1971
- Massachusetts, 1975
- Rhode Island, 1976
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1980
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island
Current Employment Position
- American Association of Justice, Member
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Member
- Attleboro Bar Association, Member
- Bristol County Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Rated "AV-Preeminent" by Martindale-Hubbell
- Bristol County, Assistant District Attorney, 1975 to 1978