James A. Briden
- Immigration (Family and Employment based)
- Real estate (commercial and residential)
- Estate Planning/Probate
- Municipal Law
James A. Briden, a partner with the firm, has a general counsel background and concentrates his practice in the areas of business/corporate, immigration (family and employment based), real estate (commercial and residential), estate planning/probate and municipal law.
Over the years, attorney Briden has worked with a wide range of clients which have included individuals/families, professional athletes, small businesses, international shipping companies, manufacturers, credit unions, colleges and universities, hospitals and multinational corporations.
Jim is a graduate of Moses Brown School, Boston College and the University of Arizona College of Law. Prior to joining Coogan Smith, LLP, attorney Briden was a partner in the law firm of Blais Cunningham & Crowe Chester, LLP.
Mr. Briden is the former Mayor of the City of East Providence and previously served in a general counsel capacity as City Solicitor of East Providence and Central Falls.
Attorney Briden is on the Board of Directors of YMCA of Pawtucket, Blackstone Health-VNA of Care New England, the Finance Council of Diocese of Newton for the Melkite Catholic Church in the United States of America and previously served on the Boards of Slater Mill, Progreso Latino and the Moses Brown School Alumni Association.
Mr. Briden is a member of the Massachusetts and Rhode Island Bar Associations, United States District Court Bars of Massachusetts and Rhode Island and the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island
- University of Arizona College of Law, Tucson, Arizona
- J.D. - 1989
- Boston College
- B.A. - 1985
Current Employment Position
- Board of Directors, YMCA of Pawtucket
- Board of Directors, Blackstone Health-VNA of Care New England
- Finance Council of Diocese of Newton for the Melkite Catholic Church in the United States of America
- American Immigration Lawyers Association