Sound Legal Advice And Litigation

Frequently Asked Questions: Zoning & Land Use

What if I am dissatisfied with a decision made by the zoning board of appeals?
You may take an appeal to the superior court, the district court or the land court of Massachusetts. That appeal must be filed within twenty (20) days of the date that the decision you are appealing is filed with the city or town clerk. There are a number of other procedural requirements that you must follow scrupulously in order to obtain your appeal rights. You may appeal if you are someone who is aggrieved by the decision. This is a technical term, however, it basically means you must be someone directly affected by the decision, rather than simply someone in another part of town who is opposed to the decision reached by the zoning board of appeals.
« Back to Zoning & Land Use FAQs