Sound Legal Advice And Litigation

Frequently Asked Questions: Zoning & Land Use

If the building inspector in my town makes a ruling that I disagree with, what can I do?
Appeals of a building inspector’s decision are filed with the zoning board of appeals. Those appeals must be filed within thirty (30) days of the time that the building inspector issues his decision. The zoning board of appeals would then decide whether the building inspector ruled correctly, in which instance the decision is sustained, or ruled incorrectly, in which case it is overruled.
« Back to Zoning & Land Use FAQs